Bunk Bed Safety Warning
Our bunk beds were created with your safety as a top priority.
All bunk beds and lofts comply with the ASTM F-1427 Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Bunk Beds and the Government Code of Federal Regulations 1213 and 1513. To ensure the safe use of our product, we ask that you observe the following safety warnings:
- Follow the information on the warning label attached to the upper bunk end structure and on the carton. Do not remove this label.
- Use only a mattress meeting the following specifications on the upper bunk to help prevent the likelihood of entrapment or falls.
||74" - 75"
||37 1/2" - 38 1/2"
||79" - 80"
||37 1/2" - 38 1/2"
- Ensure that the combined thickness of the mattress and bunkie board (foundation) does not exceed 11" and that the surface of the mattress is at least 5" below the upper edge of the guardrails.
- Do not allow children under 6 years of age to use the upper bunk.
- Periodically check bunk beds to ensure that the guardrails, ladder and other components are in their proper position, free from damage, and that all connectors are tight.
- Don not allow more than one person on upper bunk. Do not allow jumping on the bed and do no allow horseplay on or under the bed(s).
- Always use the ladder for entering and leaving the upper bunk.
- Do not use substitute parts. Contact Customer Service for replacement parts.
- Use of a night-light may provide an added safety precaution for a child using the upper bunk.
- Always use guardrails on both long sides of the upper bunk. If the bunk bed will be placed next to a wall, the guardrail that runs the full length of the bed should be placed against the wall to prevent entrapment between the bed and wall.
- The use of water or sleep flotation mattresses is prohibited.
- Whenever moving or reassembling This End Up Bunk Beds, please check these additional Safety Features:
- Every This End Up Bunk Bed is securely held together by 16 lage bolts which can be tightened with a 9/16" socket or adjustable wrench.
- The two beds are held together by 4 metal pins; one at each corner.
- Ensure guardrail safety straps are securely attached to upper bunk.
- Slats supporting each mattress foundation (mattress and bunkie board) aret tightly attached with provided screws to each side rail.
- Extra bunk bed assembly instructions and hardware are available from Customer Service.
- Keep these instruction for future use/reference.
- STRANGULATION HAZARD - Never attach or hand items to any part of the bunk bed that are not designed for use with the bed; for example, but not limited to, hooks, belts and jump ropes.